Monday, October 19, 2009

Last day of my forties...

Yep, it is. And things are looking up.

Just gave my two week notice to the day job...if they're even still open in two weeks. Damn shame...the illness the place contracted looks terminal. The GM that started two weeks ago left her key and a note this morning.

The writing has been on the wall, and I learned to read at a very early age...I have to take care of my responsibilities...to my kids and to my dreams, so adios m.f.

I stopped learning, and stopped really cooking...if I wanted to put out fires I'd be a freakin' fireman.

The owner thanked me for the two weeks. I'd like to think I have integrity, even when no one is looking, so it was simply the right thing to do.

The night gig is opening up into 55-60 hours a week straight time, so maybe two gigs just aren't necessary anymore.

A little time off would be good for the soul.

Speaking of..I may have met someone who, well, honestly gets me. I think she's wonderful...sarcastic, pretty, open and honest...and she seems to like me just the way I am...faults and all.

Wow, unexpected...but it's made my days a little brighter...just knowing she's out there...nice...I forgot what that was like. (And she hates to cook...perfect.)

Allow me...

No comments: