Friday, December 18, 2009

Still holding...

Not that anyone is reading this...but if so, sorry for the lag.

Very focused on work right now, getting faster, and better every day.

I still make mistakes as the hours I put in keep me close to whipped most of the time, but there is a satisfaction in keeping up when my station is slammed. (mine is the busiest on the line...I always have dishes to prepare.) Knowing I'm stocked, as I did the stocking myself, so no matter what is thrown at me, I can handle it. Nine tickets in a row, three to four items per ticket?

No problem. Just keep out of my station, let me roll, try to help and I'll run over you.

My Chef said I'm the last one to ever ask for help on the line, and that if I did, it would be OK...I get it...but I will not go under.

I am proud to do what I do.

One week till Christmas...good. First two days off I've had in a row since August.

My day off, yes, only one, is Thursday, so Thanksgiving...yeah, Christmas Eve...right again. No rest for the weary.

Don't know what I would do anyway...with no "significant other" it makes it easy.

No comments: