Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The dream narrows...

Did it. Quit the limping day job and was given a raise and promotion at the "real" job. Managing the prep crew during the day and cooking on the line.

Mastering the zen of the sandwich station, seriously, it's an art, while learning saute and grill.

Managing my motley band of prep monkey's during the day, two of whom are so stoned they can't be allowed near anything sharp, and organizing the weeks parred items and walk in cooler. Several 14 hour days a week and one day off. Not bad-don't need much time off, not yet at least.

The fledgling relationship I was starting just seemed to dissolve...not sure what happened...I probably did something, that's usually the case, but no harm...still putting myself out there, knowing I'm worth the effort...for the right one.

Not much to post; kids are great, job is fine, recovery strong, and heart still open...let's cook.

No comments: